Search My Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

When in Manila




For the past 6 months, Manila became my second home.  I was hired in one of the best financial institution as a Management Trainee and must undergo a 6-months training at Makati City to officially become an Assistant Manager. Thank God I made it! With all the ups and downs, frustrations and doubts, still, God allowed it to happen.

On March 30, 2015 marks the end of our training and also starts our journey as an Assistant Manager. Yes, I'm a graduate of Hospitality Management and it's a challenge for me to be in a bank. But I believe that with God, I can do it.

On our special day, I was filled with joy that my family could come. It's time for me to celebrate my success with them. 

After our graduation ceremony,I brought them to Conti's for desserts. We ordered four different cakes so we could also taste some. As for me, I had to let them try the Mango Bravo, my fave. My mother ordered Salted Caramel Cake (Top Right), my father chose Peach Walnut Torte (Bottom Right) and my brother ordered the Choco Overload Cake (Top Left). And, we were all SATISFIED!

For the prices, click the name of the restaurant.

Then the following night, after work, I invited them to go to SM Aura and try something that can't be found in Bacolod. Hihi.

We had dinner at Yabu, the House of Katsu. I tried it first when my father visited me in Manila and I want them also to taste it. And, we were not disappointed. It's a lot of food but it's yummeeeey! 
We ordered the Chicken and Seafood Katsu Set. What I love most was the crispness of cabbage with Shoyu dressing and a little lemon juice and the miso soup. ^_^




And for dessert! If you go to Manila, you must try Magnum Manila. (Quite a heavy dinner. Haha)
We tried Cookie Dough Skillet, one of their best products. I like the blend of newly baked cookie and the coldness of the ice cream, perfect!




And since my mother was still searching for more, we also tried the Make My Heart Melt.
I like it also but the chocolate bar which is used as a base of the ice cream was really hard  so we didn't finished it. But, all in all, our experience was great! :)


It's very memorable when you've got to travel with your family. So for those who still have the time to do things, do it now before it's too late. wink



No comments:

Post a Comment