Search My Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Experience with Kuya J

Brother on the picture


One of the things I love doing is to eat out with my family or friends(mostly with fambam).
They are on the go everytime I say "Ma, there's a new restaurant at this and that." or "Ma, Pa let's try eating at *insert resto's name*" In short, they are my food buddies.

Recently, we tried eating at Kuya J's Restaurant, endorsed by Jericho Rosales, which was located at SMX SM City Bacolod (when you are in Negros Occidental, hihi). And I'll be sharing to you my  short experience.

At the entrance, greeters welcomes you with their smiling faces and accommodating attitude. Due to high demands, restaurant was full when we arrived so we are included in the waitlist. While waiting they already took our order so by the time we're seated, preparation time is lesser,which was good.

As we look at the menu, pictures with descriptions on it  made us feel hungrier (haha).
And at last! maybe they heard me (haha), table for 4 was available.
For the service, they were fast and efficient. Food were served within 5 to 8 mins from the moment we were sitted, aaaand staffs were also friendly.

I also loved the interior where there are bookshelves and tiny plants or whatever they call it. But to cut it short, walls were decorated for "instagramming" purposes. Haha!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For the food, first of was the Grilled Scallops at PHP 165.00
I loved how the flavor of butter, garlic and cheese plays in my mouth. I gave it a 5 on the taste and the price.
I compared the prices with other restos ('coz I always order scallops haha) and I find theirs cheaper and quantity was enough to suffice our cravings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next was Creamy Seafood and Corn Soup at PHP 150.00
This is my personal favorite! There is a little bit of spiciness and sweetness at the same time. I wasn't able to take a picture tho. Too hungry to do it, haha! 

I gave it a 5 for the taste and for the price, hmmmmm I think it's 4.5. It's a little bit high with just cream, small shrimps and corn. But, just a little bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We also ordered one of their bestsellers, Sizzling Bulalo at PHP 310. To be honest, I think it lacks salt, though the meat is tender but the taste should be amazing. Just salt, hihi.

I gave it a 3 for the taste and 4 for the price. Serving
s too little unlike other restaurants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Lastly was the Grilled Rack of Ribs at PHP 290. This is my favorite also! I love the tenderness of the meat and the newly-grilled taste of it. Yummeeey! (I'm craving for more!)

I gave it a 5 for the taste and the price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for dessert (which I don't have a picture), we ordered Leche Flan at PHP 45.00 and Suman,Mangga at Tsokolate Cacao for PHP 110.00.

I liked Leche Flan better so I'm giving it a 5 for the taste and the price. Whilst the second one,I think it's a little bit pricey so I'm giving it a 3.5 and 4 for the taste,


OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 5


Who else tried Kuya J's? Might want to share your experience with us? Comment below.
For more details please do visit their Facebook Account.

Might also suggest a good restaurant, please feel free to comment below.

Thank you!


Note: All pictures were taken by yours truly, any use of it without my permission will be held liable to whatever decision I might do. Comments were based on the experience during my visit. Others may have different experience depending on theperson,  place and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment