Search My Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer 2013 Experience Part 1

You may say that it's too late to post a "Summer Experience"
Just give me a chance. LOLJK!

Okay, I'll start now ^_^

My 2013 summer experience was the best summer I ever had! Wanna know why? 

Weeeelll, unlike others, I didn't spent my summer for just pure fun and pampering time. I spent it with a purpose ;)

Now you're wondering why it would be the best summer if it's not pure fun. LOL! 

Here it is:

I spent my summer in mission trips. Yes, you read it right. 
I am a member of youth for Christ - gawad kalinga. Maybe some of you never heard of this or heard it but doesn't know about it. Let me tell you. ^^


What is yfC-gk??



yfC - youth for CHRIST. The name speaks itself. :D All youths, ages 13-21 years old, who are for Christ. As you can see, "C" is emphasized, that's because Christ bigger than other else in this world. :D

gk - Gawad Kalinga. This organization was started by Tito Tony Meloto for the purpose of ending poverty. The organization helps in building new houses, without asking something in return, for the less fortunate and let them start a new life by providing them with livelihood. Pure Volunteerism:D (For more infos, click here.)
yfC-gk - youth for Christ - gawad kalinga. Young adults who worships Christ through faith and in good works. (Mission) (For more infos, click the logo.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now that you are enlightened, let's go back to my experience.:D

My Summer 2013 started when I joined as one of the GK volunteers during the Bayani Challenge. It was held last March 23-27 at Cadiz City, Negros Occidental. There were thousand of delegates, mostly youths, from different parts of the province and also from other countries. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
There were different challenges and activities made for us. One of which are the games and competitions. I joined 2 of their greatest competition, the Bayanihan Race and and the Master Kusinera.:D We didn't join for the prices but it's for fun, experience and building relationships.;)

For the Bayanihan Race, this was the best! We experienced everything! Haha. We learned how to be patient and kind. We also learned how to transact for lower price, haha, since our budget was just PHP 200.00 (5 members) and we need to finish 10 stations. LOL
It was very tiring! We rowed a boat, catch fishes using hands, debone a fish,  walked 5 or 6 kilometers, swam in a pool for almost 10 times back and forth, packed charcoals, ate raw foods. rode in a truck, etc. Haha! But I really enjoyed doing those things.:D

Let me show you some pictures:

Our team.


 Team yfc-gk


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the Master Kusinera. That time, I really don't know what to do. LOL! My body aches, I can't walk properly and what's worse, were given 2 hours to do marketing and prepare our dish. LOL! But for the glory of God, I'll do everything.:D
Me and my partner planned to prepare fish tocino carbonara and fish tocino brittle. :D It wasn't easy my dears, haha. We need to cook it in a "kalan" (native stovehaha. We haven't finished our dessert because we ran out of time because of the "kalan" thing. haha. But it's okay! What's important is we enjoyed and gained friends.

Me and my partner, with our new color. LOL

 Met a friend from Australia.


 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let me share to you the main purpose of this event, the builds. These are School Build, House Build, Health Build, Paraisong Pambata, Island Greening and Coastal Clean Up. Let me just show you the pictures. :D

School Build



After painting the room

 Leaving a mark

House Build
The Unity Dance

 Working with Tito Tony Meloto


It's  nearly done!

Health Build/Paraisong Pambata







Coastal Clean-up

Island Greening
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But it wasn't just work, work and work! We also have fun! :D It can be experienced during Kalinga Nights, where diff't people from diff't place were having fellowship with each other and became one, and other fun-filled activities. In that time also, there were different guests who are invited to make the event more livelier. And in the end, PARTY TIIIIIME!! :D












So that's it guys! As you can see in the title, Part 1. So expect that there is a Part 2 of this one (LOL, Malamang)

Trivia: Every Bayani Challenge, a volunteer will get a new skin color, HEROIC BROWN. ;D

Any Summer 2013 experience?

Comment below and I'll read it. :D

Special thanks to Mr. Chris Ryan for the edited pictures.:D

Thank you and God Bless us all.:*

No comments:

Post a Comment