Search My Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Book Suggestion - Looking for Alaska

Hi everyone! Sorry if I haven't updated my blog.
I was busy with other stuffs in school and in my organization (since I'll be graduating this school year). ;)
But then, here I am today, sharing my experience with the book I've read this past few days :)

I'm really fond of reading books. Suspense, horror, detective-themed, and honestly, I don't like love stories. Haha. And if I ever read love story books, I would prefer Nicholas Sparks, AGREE? *haha

I love reading Dean Koontz's books, which are mostly suspense books. His books were introduced to me by a friend in school. From that day on, I bought his books in BookSale Store located on every malls here in Bacolod. (I have no idea with the other provinces)

But last Saturday, a friend of mine suggested a book that she also liked. The title was "Looking for Alaska" by John Green.


At first, I thought, they were looking for a place, but it's a girl named Alaska. Alaska from the word Alyeska, "that which the sea breaks against". The book was very interesting especially, when you reach the climax of it, you can't stop reading it. I've read it for, like, 3 days only, since I don't want to leave questions hanging on my mind. Haha.

I suggest that you'll read this book, it talks about friendship and more on life. There are many things that you can learn with this book, and I will not spoil much of it, I want you to read it with suspense *evil laugh. 

The story was divided into two, the BEFORE and AFTER. It refers to the before and after of the climax. 

If you want to know a little bit of the story, here's a Synopsis of it. Click here.

So that's it everyone, I hope you'll read the whole story of the book and unravel the answers that's in your head. Enjooooy! ;)


Credits to the owner of the picture and Synopsis of the book.

What book you read that you really like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment