Search My Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

HAPPINESS

Hello everyone! :)
How are you today? Doing great, I hope. 
This post may be a little bit too personal and sounds corny? I think, haha. But, I would just wanted to share to you how I feel right now. I hope you'll get to learn something or be inspired. :)

Let me start with this. Have you ever experience the full happiness of life? Wherein, even though you get to meet different situations, you still get to manage it and continue the happiness that you feel? :D

If you have read my previous post pertaining to Youth for Christ-Gawad Kalinga, I would like all of  you to know that it is, indeed, one of my happiness in life! 

Read it here

Other than serving Christ, it also brings me joy every time I get to help our brothers and sisters who are the LAST, the LOST and the LEAST. It is a great opportunity for me every time there are activities like Bayani Challenge, Faith in Motion Activities, Care Week, etc.

It was like a fulfillment, or maybe an accomplishment? NO, blessing is the perfect word, when every time we do this activities and in the end I get to see those kids wearing their precious smiles. And those joy from their parents every time they see their kids happy.

Last August 25, 2013, we were again given the opportunity to help our province, Negros Occidental and our city, Bacolod City.

People from all ages joined us, young adults, from Youth for Christ-Gawad Kalinga in beautifying our own district by doing simple ways.

And here are the different sites that needs our hands:



METRO BACOLOD DISTRICT: Main Venue at ABES 1
◘ SCHOOL BUILD - Andres Bonifacio Elem. School-1 (ABES-1)
◘ PARAISONG PAMBATA - Sisters of Charity
◘ TREE PLANTING/PARENTING - GK Cabug & Brgy. Granada
◘ HOUSE BEAUTIFICATION - Brgy. Mansilingan

SOUTH DISTRICT: Main Venue at Filomena G. Gequillana Elem. School, Dancalan, Ilog
◘ SCHOOL BUILD - Filomena G. Gequillana Elem. School
◘ PARAISONG PAMBATA - Filomena G. Gequillana Elem. School
◘ CLEAN-UP DRIVE - Candoni-Ilog Road (from Church to School)
◘ GARDENING - Filomena G. Gequillana Elem. School
◘ CHURCH BUILD - Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Parish Church
◘ TREE PLANTING/PARENTING -

NORTH 1 DISTRICT: Main Venue at E. B. Magalona Public Plaza
◘ SCHOOL BUILD - Gahit Elem. School, E. B. Magalona
◘ PARAISONG PAMBATA - St. Joseph Academy, E. B. Magalona
◘ HEALTH BUILD - E. B. Magalona National High School
◘ CLEAN-UP DRIVE - E. B. Magalona Public Market
◘ TREE & MANGROVE PLANTING/PARENTING - GK Yorac, GK AMDG, Gahit Elem. School & Brgy. Tumongtong

NORTH 2 DISTRICT: Main Venue at GK San Agustin, San Carlos City
◘ CHAPEL BUILD - Our Lady of Guadalupe
◘ CLEAN-UP DRIVE - GK San Agustin
◘ TREE PLANTING/PARENTING - GK San Agustin
◘ PARAISONG PAMBATA - GK San Agustin


All of us were very overwhelmed when our event was featured in one of the Local Newspaper. Here is the full version. Click here.

And lastly, my brother made a video to summarize the event. And as soon as it is uploaded in YouTube, I'll give the link right away. :))

And to end this post, I would like to share to you one thing I've learned from someone, which I quoted on the newspaper, "In order to have a progressive country, we must first learn how to love our fellowmen."

Let us not be selfish and learn to share what we have. Take this as an opportunity and not a responsibility.

And if it's your happiness, continue what you are doing, don't entertain criticisms and show to the world what you really got! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment